Saturday, November 10, 2012

I am Thankful For Craft

I can't believe it is Nov. already!  Boy has time flown by so far.  Just finished with Parent/Teacher Conferences this past week.  So the students had a 3 day week.  We have off on Monday for Veteran's Day.  (A 4 day week)  Then we have a 2 day week the week of Thanksgiving.  I'm not complaining about having time off because I can use it for sure.  I just can't believe we only have one full week of school this month with so much to do.  Right after Thanksgiving we start our next round of MAP testing.  So the pressure to do well is already building. 

Well here's fun activity to do with your students this month.

Last year I had posted this idea, but it was pretty close to Thanksgiving.  Plus I have many new followers so I thought I would post this idea again. 

Thanksgiving Turkey Craft


 
With so much emphasis on improving MAP scores in our district we do not have a lot of time to do fun stuff anymore. Everything needs to be learning related so I have incorporated some writing into this.  I have students brainstorm a list of things that they are thankful for. (Not just video games or my mom bought me this etc. . . . ) They write each thing they are thankful for on one of the colored feathers.  

Another idea is to write 4 facts and 4 opinions about turkeys.

To download the turkey pattern for this activity click here.  It will take you to google docs.  If you want to share this document please just share the link with someone.  It is free to anyone that has a link.
 
If you download this item please leave a comment below.  It's always nice to hear feedback on free items that I share. 

 

2 comments:

Shelly Sitz said...

Thanks for the pattern of your cute turkey.

Shelly
Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

Unknown said...

Thanks we had fun making these turkeys today.