Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Recipe Linky Party

This week I'm taking a graduate class and it got me thinking about planning out recipes to make for quick and easy dinner ideas. I know during the school year we all are exhausted and the last thing we want to do is fix dinner. I know I enjoy picking up the cell phone and ordering pizza or chinesse food. That can get to be expensive and not always the healthy choice. (I always like to use left overs for lunch.) My goal this year is to make more homemade meals that are easy to prepare after an long day.

When the linky party is over I will post all the recipes collected into one document to share with everyone.  So you have a favorite recipe to share.  It could be a main dish, side, or a dessert. (my favorite.)
Here's a recipe to get us started:


4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3/4 cup chunky salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
3/4 cup shredded Mexican Style four-cheese blend

Preheat oven to 400.
Place chicken on foil-covered baking sheet. Slice 3 cuts on top of each chicken breast with sharp knife.
Top each chicken breast evenly with salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I linked up!! Love this idea. We ALL love quick healthy cooking, especially during the school year. I linked up my sister's healthy recipes, Skinny Pizza Rolls with just 30 calories a piece. Taste just like the real {unhealthy} ones! :) Hope you enjoy!

Erika said...

I am linked up with two recipes! Great idea Sandy because cooking during the year is a nightmare when you get home late. I can't wait to get all the recipes!

Unknown said...

Thanks Erika and Third in Holllywood. On the 2nd Grade Teacher's club had a thread on this a few years ago, and I got lots of great ideas. Always can use more.

Kristen said...

I just linked up! This is a great idea! I love having some new easy recipes to try during the school year! :)

I'm also hosting my own linky party at my website called "What Should I Do With This?!". Its to help teachers decide what to do with things they've saved or bought that they're out of ideas for. Stop by and check it out if you have time! :)

Kristen
First Grade Brigade's First Linky Party