Sunday, December 11, 2011

An easy dinner recipe- off topic

Not a teaching idea, but who wants to spend a lot of time in the kitchen after a busy day- work or during the weekends.  A friend gave me this recipe and I tried it this weekend. (I believe it orginally came from Mr. Food- picture below is from Mr. food- the recipe did come from that site.  If you click on the picture it will take you to the site there's a video on there.)
 I just love Mexican food so I had to give this a try.
Not much prep work and you just put everything in the crockpot.


Tamale Pie

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
  • 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
  • 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
  • 1 (2-1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
  • 1 medium-sized onion, diced
  • 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (16-ounce) package cornbread mix
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Instructions

  1. In a large bowl, combine cooked beef, diced tomatoes, corn, olives, onion, and taco seasoning; mix well then pour into a 6-quart slow cooker.
  2. Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions then spoon over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
  3. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 hours or low setting for 6 hours.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Sounds yummy! I wish you had a picture.
2B Honey Bunch

Unknown said...

Erika- The recipe I found said it was a Mr. Food recipe. So I googled it and found a picture/video. You might want to check it out!