Friday, August 10, 2012

Back To School Product Premiere


A bunch of awesome teachers/bloggers have joined together to share their favorite personal item form their TPT store. 
When I first started teaching persusaive writing wasn't one of my favorite writing genres.   Over the last couple of years I have worked on some great ideas to help teach persuasive writing to my second graders.  That's how this unit came about. 
 Persuasive Writing Unit- Includes 8 lesson plan ideas with book suggestions, graphic organizer, writing center idea, and writing prompts. (Regular price $4)



Mini-lesson ideas to help you get started some with book suggestions.
Printables to go with some of the lesson ideas.
Graphic Organizer
Posters


A simple rubric is included along with a end of  unit writing prompt.



Writing Center Activity


Click on the image below to check out this unit on TPT.











If you were ever hesistant to try persusasive writing with your students when this might be just for you. I have gotten some postitive feedback about how this was a helpful resource to use with persuasive writing.


I hope you enjoy the persuasive writing unit as much as I have with my students.


Also this will be a great time to pick up my Getting to Know Your students Survey in Spanish.  (Translated by my new blogging partner Virginia Duran)  This is available in both English and Spanish so with the 28% sale this is a great time to get both. 




So be sure to check out my store on Aug. 12-13 and stock up on some items for the school year.







  




1 comments:

Michelle Tsivgadellis said...

I do not believe that I was following you before (-; No worries, now I am...LOL!

I love your "State Your Case" cards! I had something similar when I taught 7th grade LA....They are such a great way to get students working and thinking critically in groups as well.

Now on to the next blog on the list (-; It was nice visiting you...


Michelle
The 3AM Teacher Graphics & Resources
Visit My Blog
Email The 3AM Teacher
Visit My FB Page