Friday, July 27, 2012

Rockin' Resources


There are so many great linky parties out there in bloggy land. Rockin’ Resources is a great one for this time of year hosted by Kelley from Teacher Idea Factory (BTW- I also love her dad, Ron Browns CD’s.  I have a few of them and use them all the time. )

 I couldn’t resist linking up to this one.   I’m finding lots of great ideas that are on my wish list now. 


Well here at my Top 5 Rockin' Resources.  (In no particular order.)
#1  The Scotch Laminator
I bought this at Target for about $27 a few years ago with a gift card from one of my Christmas presents from a student.  Even without the gift card it was one of the best purchases I have made!  I keep this at home.  I actually like using this more than our school laminator.  Plus we don’t have to hear about how much laminating we used or how the laminator keeps breaking.  Which BTW the teachers can’t use anymore since we kept breaking it, but it still breaks down all the time.
#2  Dry Erase Boards

Dry erase boards are great to use with students.  I have one for each of my students.  I love how it saves on paper and it makes for a quick and easy assessment.  I use it every single day.

#3  Chair Pockets
Well you won’t find this one at the stores. My mom made these for my class.  I’m always telling her she should sell them.  There isn’t a lot of storage in the student desks, so this helps store light things like folders or spirals.  It also helps keeps the students organized. 
#4  Nametags

I love how you can reuse them.  I use them for student lunch numbers in the beginning of the year.  Also good for field trips.


#5  Paper cutter

I have one of these in my classroom and at home.  Our school is huge.  So when I need to cut some paper it isn’t always easy to make it down to the teacher’s lounge.  It makes it so easy to have in the classroom.


Well that's my Top 5 Rockin' Resources.  It was much harder than I thought to narrow it down to 5. 

Happy T.G.I.F.


7 comments:

Kelley Dolling said...

Whoop . . . Whoop . . . thanks for the linky love my friend. Great list of resources. I especially like the chair pockets. These are at the top of my back to school shopping list this year. My goal is to five my kiddos a place to keep their "good fit" books! Thanks again :)

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

Sarah said...

I have a question about your laminator..I've been debating getting one and was wondering if yours works like a school's, where you can cut pieces from it and they're still laminated or do the edges just laminate? (hope that makes sense haha)

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

Cupcake said...

I love the Scotch laminator!! Best thing!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

The Colorful Apple said...

I'm thinking of getting a laminator too. I've heard lots of good things about this one! And your mom should sell her chair pockets - they look really great!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Hilary Lewis said...

Awesome Resources - Rockin' For Sure!!

Hilary
Rockin' Teacher Materials

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I also have a laminator at home! I prefer my home laminator because it is thicker than the one at school, and that one takes a half an hour to heat up. By the time I get back down there my plan is over or someone has turned it off on accident :(

Teaching and Tech