Thursday, July 12, 2012

Target Finds


Lately I have been hearing a lot about all the great Target finds.  The last time I went to my Target the bins were empty, but they had tons of boxes that were ready to be unpacked. 

Well today was the day I went back to Target to see what great items I could pick up.  I’m lucky to have 2 Targets that are real close to my house.  So I just might have to visit the other one the next time I’m out shopping.  I’ve been reading on other blogs that some people travel up to an hour to go to their nearest Target.  I’m so sorry to hear that. I'm constantly going to Target. 




Starting from the front left
Foam Shape Buntings- not sure how I’m going to use this yet, but I’m sure I will think of something.  I always do.
Lint Roller-  This idea came from Comprehension Connections by Tanny McGregor. This is a great way to explain “Schema” to students.  The lint roller picks up stuff it comes in contact with because it is sticky.  Much of the same way we pick up stuff when we read.  Plus it came in purple so I had to get it.
5 Minute Quick Quiz- I got the Math Blast Addition and Word Fun Challenge.  I thought I would laminate these and use them for center activities.
Pop Up Box and Dotted Paper Pails- Thought this would be good to have near my dry erase boards to hold things like dry erase markers, magnets, etc.  I’m sure I will think of more uses for this as well.
Cell Phone Holder-  This was so cute I just had to have this one.
Purple Colander- I got this idea from a reading workshop I went to in the spring.  This is a great way to teach Main Idea.  When you read a book all the important ideas are sifted and saved.  The unimportant information is lost out of the holes.
Small Plastic containers- I might use this for some of my small math manipulatives like dice or other small things.

I'm also on a behavior theme clip chart streak this week. Today I finished a racing theme one.  It's on TPT and TN stores if you are interested.


5 comments:

Amanda Kendall said...

The colander idea is too cute. What a great visual for main idea. Target is the best and I'm lucky too because mine is only 10 minutes away.

Amanda
The Teaching Thief
Fiction Friday: A Celebration of Children’s Literature

Unknown said...

Yes, Amanda I agree the colander idea is a great visual. I'm such a visual learner like most of my students. I can't wait to try it this year.

Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said...

I totally love the idea of the Lint Roller to teach schema!! CLEVER!!! Great finds! Please check out my Blog :->

Rikki said...

Cute!! I just found your blog...
ஐRikki
The Hive

Đồ gia dụng said...

https://www.ohay.tv/view/tuyet-chieu-tim-dia-chi-ban-man-hinh-may-tinh-gia-re/MtdAZF1llp
https://maytinhdeban.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/08/19/123411
https://medium.com/p/899c3432053a/edit
https://www.livejournal.com/post?draft=https://maytinhdeban.livejournal.com/d23.html