Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

Let's just say cooking isn't one of my hobbies.  I don't hate cooking.  It's just a lot of work for one person. Plus there is the clean up.  That's the part about cooking I dislike the most.  It is so much easier just to make a quick sandwhich, salad, or just eat out.  (Which this summer I have done way too much!!)

Well every once in awhile I don't mind cooking as well long as it is something simple to make.

 The other day I had a friend over for dinner so I thought I would link up with Susan from T.G.I.F.  Linky party it's her first linky party. 




I actually had all the ingredients for this recipe so I made it for the very first time.  (Minus the shredded cheese, but it was still good)


Taco Pasta



1 pound ground beef
8-12 ounces medium pasta shells or other small dry pasta shapes, cooked and drained
1/2 cup pasta water
1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained (if making this for kids, you might want to use just plain diced tomatoes)
1 packet (4 tablespoons) taco seasoning
3 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Salt and pepper
In a large skillet or sauté pan, cook the ground meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink. A few minutes before the meat is cooked through, add the chopped onion to the skillet. Add in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, sour cream and reserved pasta water, and continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit if it is still too thin. Toss in the cilantro right before serving. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and serve. 



Last year when I first started my blog I had a cooking linky party.  I believe I only had 3 people link up.  So if  you missed that you can check out the recipes.


Then during the past school year I had also posted another recipe.


Coming Soon to my blog-  I will be having one of my co-workers joining me.  Virginia is a first grade bilingual teacher. I look forward to blogging with her. Virginia has lots of good ideas.   So check back soon to meet Virginia.   

One more thing.  Courtney from Swimming Into Second is having a 1000 follower giveaway.  Today one of the items she is giving away is from me.  Check it out!


2 comments:

smoran892 said...

Sandy!! Thank you for linking up :) :) Taco pasta sounds DEEEEE-licious!! It combines 2 of my favorite things - I cannot wait to try it!

Susan
T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

Amanda Kendall said...

Yummy! That looks really good. I'm a fan of anything taco. :)

Amanda
The Teaching Thief